These tortilla chips are great! For one thing, they can be way healthier than bagged chips- baked rather than fried, you can add less salt, use whole wheat tortilla shells… They’re also a great use for leftover tortillas. Sam and I seem to have a hard time using a whole bag before they go nasty, so this time around I made these chips and had them with chili! They are also great with quinoa and black beans.
- 1 (12 oz) package torillas (corn, flour, whole wheat, spinach…)
- 1 T oil
- 3 T lime juice
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut each tortilla into chip sized wedges and arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet
- Combine oil and lime juice. Brush onto wedges
- Combine dry ingredients. Sprinkle on chips.
- Bake about 15 minutes total. Rotate the pan halfway through. Only bake until the chips are crisp but not too brown.
This is similar to mt recipe for cinnamon chips (with fruit salsa!). Coming soon ;)